There’s no shortage of stats and commentary around the topic of employee engagement these days. From the focus on attrition or a sense of belonging, leaders at every rung of the ladder, in every department, and in every industry are clueing into how important engaging their workforce is. But those leaders who are tasked with not just managing but also cultivating effective EHS (Environment, Health & Safety) initiatives know that employee engagement is specifically crucial to their program’s success. In the infographic below, we’ve rounded up our favorite stats on the subject to answer the following questions:
- What is employee engagement?
- Why does employee engagement matter to EHS?
- What are the benefits of high employee engagement?
- What are the impacts of low employee engagement?
- What are the biggest barriers to employee engagement?
- Where are companies focusing their employee engagement efforts?
- What about Millennial & Gen Z employee engagement?
- What are the strategies for creating an effective EHS employee engagement program?
Preview of infographic – What is employee engagement really and why does it matter to EHS?