Risk Assessment (JHA)
Cority’s team of experienced safety professionals have collaborated with safety experts and industry leaders from across our client organizations to deliver market-leading software to help business plan and build an effective risk assessment process.
This comprehensive solution streamlines and simplifies the identification and evaluation of operational risk, providing your leaders with greater real-time visibility on where risk exists in your business, thereby enabling them to prioritize efforts and resources on the elements most needed to keep people safe and keep the organization on a clear path toward excellence.
How Cority’s Safety Risk Assessment Module Helps
Our Safety Risk Assessment module will enable you to:
Increase risk management efficiency
Simplify, standardize, and streamline risk assessment practices, reducing associated time and effort and ensuring process consistency and reliability.
Improve risk prioritization & accountability
Empower business leaders with accurate, timely data to make informed decisions on risk priorities and to drive local accountability.
Enhance visibility to operational risk
Enhance organizational risk awareness and long-term performance with flexible, real-time access to risk data in a unified, SaaS system.
Eliminate administration and errors
Reduce time-consuming manual data entry tasks, limit risk of data loss or corruption, and free up staff to spend their time on more critical EHSQ functions.
Assess effectiveness of your efforts
Track, trend and analyze results over time to assess the effectiveness of mitigation efforts, identify residual risk and opportunities, and calculate the ROI of your prevention efforts.
Improve compliance to applicable risk management regulations and standards, supporting certification efforts and reducing exposure to regulatory citations and penalties.
Share learnings & drive engagement
Utilize purpose-built tools to help share information broadly across the workforce, while supporting greater front-line participation in risk management activities and decisions.
Create dynamic risk assessments following Job Hazard Analysis (JHA), HAZOP and other recognized risk assessment methodology, or configure the solution to your company’s preferred option, including the risk factors, control factors, colors, icons, values and formulas you require.
Track key risk assessment inputs related to tasks, hazards, control measures and other data in a single consolidated record, allowing you to easily visualize risk, understand key controls, and prioritize actions for risk reduction
Allow users to describe tasks, hazards and controls with both free test and user-defined drop down choices. Users can even record the names and comments of individuals interviewed to demonstrate the involvement of front-line employees and key stakeholders in the risk assessment process.
Use a screening questionnaire to pre-screen a work area as a first step in the risk assessment process, identifying key hazards to be risk scored and considered for risk mitigation.
Use our powerful and configurable risk calculator to automatically calculate risk scores based on your unique requirements, including:
- Selecting up to 12 different risk scoring criteria, including probability, severity and frequency;
- Using a risk-model matrix with pre-defined risk levels in each quadrant, or
- Using user-defined simple or complex formulas
Visualize risk before and after a control is introduced to assess control effectiveness
Link risk assessments to incident investigation data to allow investigators to view risk assessments related to a task or activity in which an incident occurred
Reporting & Metrics
Take advantage of Cority’s advanced Business Intelligence tools to build flexible reports and intuitive, visual dashboard indicators to track changes in risk data over time, benchmark performance across operations, or drive accountability to close assigned actions.
Our Risk Assessment module stretches across all solutions within Cority’s unified, SaaS EHSQ platform, including our Environmental, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health and Ergonomics solutions.
Leverage the risk assessment (JHA) module to support the performance of ongoing analyses to help you continually evaluate and mitigate risk.
See why over 1,300 customers use Cority to improve their safety risk assessment process.
The Safety Risk Assessment/Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) software module is an important component of Cority’s Safety Software. Our team of safety professionals have collaborated with safety experts from our client companies to deliver market-leading safety risk assessment software. This robust module is a complete EHS risk management software solution that will enable you to plan and build an effective safety risk assessment program and perform ongoing analysis to continuously evaluate and mitigate risk.
Key Benefits of the Risk Assessment/JHA Software Module
The Safety Risk Assessment/JHA software module will enable you to:
- Manage your job inventory, JHA/JSA, and safety risk assessments through a simple and configurable interface that promotes logical, efficient workflow
- Pro-actively evaluate and mitigate risk by tracking and trending changes in risk to jobs over time
- Support efficient compliance management by tracking legal and procedural requirements by job while performing assessments
- Promote effective ‘Management of Change’ by linking risk change to actions
- Connect seamlessly to the incident investigation process, providing your investigators insight into the cause of the incident and your assessors insight into where risk assessment improvements can be made
This module includes many invaluable features that will help you quickly and effectively realize the benefits described above. The features fall into four groups:
- Keep an active inventory/description of the continuously evolving scope of your work by managing an active list of ‘jobs’ or ‘risk units’ which require an assessment
- Track and view all related procedures to a job within the job record, including procedure documents and procedure status (ie: procedure is adequate and understood, not followed, etc.)
- Link any number of legal and other requirements to each job so that you can efficiently build a needs assessments by job / area
- Create exposure groups based on job and add jobs to an exposure group based on risk assessments. This offers a powerful way to implement mitigating actions (ie: training) or recall employees for job required surveillance such as respirator fit testing or medical surveillance.
- Track all task, hazard, control, and risk assessment inputs in one record, allowing you to easily visualize the risk, understand key controls, and prioritize actions for risk reduction
- Configure our safety risk assessment software to your company safety risk assessment methodology: choose which risk factors, control factors, formulas, colours, icons, values you require
- Allow assessors to describe task, hazards, and controls with both free text and user-defined drop-down choices
- Visualize the risk before and after a control is introduced and offers a third iteration of risk that is based on an ideal / future control
- Use a powerful and configurable risk calculation tool to automatically determine risk based on your requirements. This tool can:
- Incorporate up to 12 different factors including probability, severity, and frequency
- Calculate risk using a matrix model with pre-defined risk level for each quadrant, OR
- Calculate risk using user-defined simple or complex formulas
- View Job Hazard Analysis in a separate, simplified view for worker training and compliance to JHA requirements. There is also a system-generated JHA report.
- Link to incident investigation data so that investigators can view active assessments related to a job where an incident occurred
- Improve efficiency using tools such as copy, clone, and inactivation actions for a risk assessment task
- Use Cority’s Metrics tool to build flexible graphs using any risk data so that you can track risk change over time or compare risk in various locations
- Post any graphs you build to your dashboard
- Define any custom measures that you wish to track, and use those measures to compare to standard Cority system measures (for example, track targets vs. actual)
In addition to the Safety Suite, the Risk Assessment module is present in Cority’s Environmental, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health, and Ergonomics Software Suites. In the Safety Software Suite, the Risk Assessment module integrates with the following modules: